Plan Year 2023 Registration and Training
Plan Year 2023 Marketplace Registration and Training is Live for New and Returning Agents and Brokers
Plan year 2023 Marketplace registration and training is now available for new and returning agents and brokers on the Marketplace Learning Management System (MLMS).
Annual Marketplace Registration and Training Requirements
New Agents and Brokers
Agents and brokers who are new to the Marketplace this year, or who did not complete plan year 2022 registration and training, are required to take the full Individual Marketplace training for plan year 2023. New agents and brokers can take Individual Marketplace training through the MLMS or the HHS-approved vendor.
Check out this guide for new agents and brokers to help you through the registration and training steps (PDF).
Returning Agents and Brokers
Agents and brokers who completed plan year 2022 Individual Marketplace registration and training are eligible to take shorter training for plan year 2023 as well as optional review modules. Returning agents and brokers will be automatically enrolled in the Marketplace Training for Returning Agents and Brokers, a shorter training that can be completed in approximately 60 minutes. Training for returning agents and brokers includes refresher courses, and exam, and signing the Agent Broker General Agreement. Returning agents and brokers can take training through the MLMS or the HHS-approved vendor.
Check out this guide for returning agents and brokers to help you through the registration and training steps (PDF).
Quick-start guide: 5 steps to start selling Marketplace plans
TIP: PRINT THIS GUIDE
You may want to complete the 5 steps over several sessions, so we recommend printing this guide. You may also want to email it to yourself or bookmark it.
(If you want to sell only small business group plans through the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) Marketplace, registration and training are slightly different. See how to register to sell only SHOP plans.)
STEP 1. Create an account
IMPORTANT: Already have a CMS Enterprise Portal account? Don't create another!
- Go to the CMS Enterprise Portal at https://portal.cms.gov/
- Select New User Registration (in the box at the upper right) and create an account.
STEP 2. Identify yourself as an agent or broker
- Log in to your new Enterprise Portal account at https://portal.cms.gov/
- Select Request Access Now.
- Select the FFM/Training - Agents/Brokers/Assisters tile.
- Select FFM Agent Broker from the dropdown menu.
STEP 3. Confirm your identity
- Provide basic information that lets us confirm your identity (known as “identity-proofing”).
- After you’re identify-proofed, you’ll be sent to the CMS Enterprise Portal home page.
- Log out of the Enterprise Portal.
- Wait a few minutes for the agent/broker role to be assigned to your profile.
STEP 4. Take required training
IMPORTANT: You can take free training from CMS, or sign up for a paid course through a CMS-approved vendor. Vendor training may offer continuing education units (CEUs). Free CMS training doesn't offer CEUs.
- Log in to the CMS Enterprise Portal at https://portal.cms.gov/
- Select Complete Agent Broker Training.
- Select the Access Training link next to Marketplace Learning Management System (MLMS) or a CMS-approved vendor.
- Complete the required profile information and select Save/Update. (If you're taking training with a CMS-approved vendor, you'll do this before signing the CMS Privacy and Security agreements.)
- Select the appropriate curriculum (Individual Market or SHOP).
- Enroll in the curriculum and select Complete Enrollment.
- Complete all required training.
STEP 5. Sign the privacy and security agreements
- Go to Current Learning to launch and electronically sign the CMS Privacy and Security agreements.
- Select Curriculum State and click the Actions link (to the right of a completed curriculum).
- Print your Registration Completion Certificate.
At PSM, our portfolio is quality-focused to ensure our agents are only offering the best products to their clients. If you would like to receive more information on the products we have available, please visit our Major Med / ACA Marketplace product page to request product information and contracting.