Humana Medicare Advantage / PDP Certification Details for 2019
AEP for Plan Year 2019 will be here soon and Humana is looking forward to a great sales year! Get certified or recertified with Humana! We are pleased to announce the details for Plan Year (PY) 2019 Certification and Recertification.
NEW FOR PLAN YEAR 2019:
Making it easier to complete initial MAPD certification online
Humana is making it easier for you to locate and complete certification training by making certification a single course. After successful completion of the online-only course, you will be certified for all Medicare products.
Time Saving Improvements for Certification and Recertification
We hear from agents and partners like you that certification and recertification takes too long to complete. For PY19, we have managed to make significant improvements to course content and overall course outlines while preserving the high quality training that is expected with Humana. In short, you will notice shorter course outlines and will be able to more easily take away content that you need.
TRAINING DETAILS FOR PLAN YEAR 2019:
Certification and Recertification Launch Dates
- All Certification Courses Launch Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at Noon EST.
- All Recertification Courses Launch Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at Noon EST.
- External Agents will have until November 30, 2018 to Complete Recertification.
AHIP Remains a Requirement for Certification and Recertification
2019 AHIP is required for both Certification and Recertification. Agents typically take AHIP through Humana after they have logged into training from our Humana site. If an agent goes directly to AHIP to register, the fee is $175.00 and must have their AHIP results transferred to Humana before they can continue completing their certification or recertification.
IMPORTANT: We are not recommending or suggesting that agents should take AHIP as soon as it is available by going directly to the AHIP site. Agents going directly to AHIP will be shown the AHIP e-commerce site where they are required to pay AHIP for their AHIP training, and that rate will not be the Humana discounted rate. For agents who typically have the AHIP fee waived (career and certain non-career agents) they must go through the Humana site to have the AHIP fee covered upfront.
For those agents required to pay the AHIP registration fee, the 2018 charge is $125.00, if the training is accessed via the Humana MarketPoint University.
Closing of PY18 Certification - What Agents Need to Know!
Each year, we must take down the current plan year Certification courses in preparation for the next plan year.
This year, Humana’s Plan Year 2018 Certification course closes at 5:00 PM EST on June 15, 2018. AHIP also closes their PY18 training on June 15, 2018.
- Friday, June 15th, 2018, 5 pm EST – The online Plan Year 2018 Certification materials (MAPD and PDP Cert) will close for enrollments.
- Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 12 pm EST - 2019 initial certification MAPD Certification will launch. Agents will complete initial MAPD certification training online. Note: Agents who complete the 2019 initial certification are allowed to sell plans with 2018 effective dates through 11/30/2018.
Recertification Deadlines and Specific Information
All recertification courses will launch July 17, 2018 at Noon EST.
- External agents will have until November 30, 2018 to complete Recertification.
Please note these important details about agent recertication:
- If an agent certifies for Plan Year 2018, the agent will also need to recertify for the 2019 selling season.
- As always, PY2018 AHIP completion and PY2018 Humana self-study is not acceptable for the upcoming 2019 certification plan year.
- Agents who certify for 2019 on or after July 10, 2018 do not need to recertify for 2019!
Accessing Certification and Recertification
- You can access certification and recertification by logging into the Vantage agent portal from Humana.com.
- From the Education card in Vantage, click the Humana MarketPoint University(HMU) link.
- Instructions for locating and starting training are available on the homepage of HMU.