2020 Mutual of Omaha Certification Instructions for Medicare Advantage and Part D Plans
Ready. Set. Go! Everything you need to become certified to sell our Mutual of Omaha Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug plans is available now on Sales Professional Access (SPA). If you are wanting to build your block of business by offering Mutual of Omaha’s 2020 MA or PDP products, you will first need to become Ready-to-Sell.
There are 3 easy steps to becoming Ready-to-Sell and you can start the process today.
- Contract to sell Mutual of Omaha’s Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plans.
- Successfully complete the 2020 America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) annual certification course that meets the requirements established by The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Successfully complete the 2020 Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug training courses. There is no cost to take the courses.
On June 26, at 12:00 PM CST, you will find a Product Training link on Sales Professional Access (SPA) www.mutualofomaha.com/broker.
- Medicare Advantage – The training link will appear on the MA product page. To access simply go to Products > Medicare Solutions > Medicare Advantage > Product Training
- Prescription Drug Plans – This link will appear on the PDP product page. Go to Products > Medicare Solutions > Prescription Drug Plans > Product Training
- Please note: If you are taking Medicare Advantage training for the Denver market, you will see a banner that advises you that the product is not available. This is because the new market is pending CMS approval of plan benefits. You can still take the training
You will also find the AHIP Training and Certification link conveniently located next to the product training on SPA. AHIP training typically costs $175. But you won’t pay that. Mutual has arranged for a $50 discount when you access your training via Sales Professional Access (SPA) www.mutualofomaha.com/broker.
Upon successful completion of the AHIP Certification, you may have your results submitted electronically to Mutual of Omaha. No need to Fax or mail your certificate. If you have completed the assessment using another carrier, no problem. You can still have your results transmitted to us by clicking through the SPA link. You will not have to pay or take the assessment again. You will find instructions on the AHIP page.
Re-contracting for Mutual of Omaha’s MA market expansion.
If you are currently contracted for Medicare Advantage through Mutual of Omaha Medicare Advantage Company (MOMAC), a Medicare Advantage Insurance Company of Omaha (MAICO) Amendment will be required if you are planning to sell outside the current MOMAC markets. This new company is for Medicare Advantage plans rolling out this year in the following markets: Denver, Dallas/Fort Worth and El Paso.