Equitable Life & Casualty Hospital Indemnity Plans
Equitable Life & Casualty Description
For over 75 years, Equitable Life & Casualty Insurance Company has provided top-notch Life and Health insurance plans, backed by superior, friendly personalized service, to consumers and agents across this country.
Equitable Life & Casualty EquiCash Hospital Indemnity DescriptionThe insurance policy that pays you cash in the event of a covered hospitalization. The cost of providing health care for one person age 65 plus is approximately three to five times greater than the cost someone younger than 65.
Who is suitable for a Equitable Life EquiCash Hospital Indemnity Plan?
Sure, most of us have health insurance and we think that's all we need but consider this:
- The average expenditure for a hospital stay is $8,793.
- The average age of a hospital inpatient is approximately 53; 38% are age 65 years and over and 24% are age 75 years and over.
- The average inpatient hospital length of stay is 5.5 days for people age 65 years and over, 5 days for those aged 45-64 years, and 3.7 days for those aged 15-44 years.
- The increasing number of Americans age 65+ has the potential to greatly increase the nation's already high health care costs. The cost of providing health care for one person age 65+ is approximately three to five times greater than the cost for someone younger than 65.
Equitable Life & Casualty EquiCash Hospital Indemnity Product Highlights:
As concerning as these statistics are, EquiCash is an alternative to help pay the increasing out-of pocket expenses that today's medical insurance does not cover.
All plans have deductibles, copayments and limits. This product is available for ages 45 to 85. Equitable's EquiCash Hospital Indemnity Plan can help with these costs by providing the following benefits:
- Daily Hospital Indemnity Benefit
- Durable Medical Equipment Benefit
- Ambulance Transportation Benefit
- Emergency Room Benefit
- Physician Benefit
- Optional Lump Sum Cancer Rider (for additional premium)
The policy described above is not available in all states. The policy contains certain limitations and exclusions, which may vary by state.