Get Ready to Certify! 2018 UnitedHealthcare and AHIP certification is NOW available.
It’s time to prepare for the 2018 selling season. Starting on June 26, you can begin certifying to sell 2018 UnitedHealthcare products. We are excited to be rolling out some improvements to our certification process to save you time and hassle.
Don't delay! You may begin marketing 2018 plans on October 1, 2017. Ensure you are ready when that date rolls around by completing certification early! That’s not all - agents who are certified by August 18, 2017, can take advantage of an exclusive pre-order of 2018 Enrollment Guides from August 19 – September 3, 2017. More information on the pre-order process will be coming soon.
NEW! Save Time – 60 Minutes of It! When you pass the 2018 Medicare Basics prerequisite test, you will also be given credit for Medicare Advantage (MA) and Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) products. That’s two less assessments to take and a savings of about 60 minutes for you! Once you pass all three prerequisite tests (Medicare Basics, Ethics and Compliance, and AARP), you will be certified to sell both MA and PDP. And, don’t forget to certify for Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans and Special Needs Plans to help grow your business.
NEW! Fraud, Waste and Abuse Training Course Now Included You no longer need to visit the Centers for Medicaid Services (CMS) to take the Fraud Waste and Abuse training. The course is now available in the Ethics and Compliance module and assessment. Simply take it, attest to it in the Ethics and Compliance assessment, and you’re done.
NEW! Conflict of Interest Disclosure In an effort to make the annual disclosure to a conflict of interest seamless while you are already certifying with UnitedHealthcare, the 2018 Ethics and Compliance prerequisite test includes, in addition to the Pledge of Compliance, a conflict of interest status disclosure.
- Your response will not affect your ability to proceed with the certification process with UnitedHealthcare
- Some common situations that create a potential for conflict of interest include you or your immediate family member has a direct or indirect ownership interest, or an employment relationship, or position of influence with a healthcare provider or UnitedHealthcare business partner, or a UnitedHealthcare employee manages, or is managed by, a family member within their sales organization reporting structure
- The key to staying compliant is disclosing any potential conflict of interest you may have
- Contact your local sales leader to learn more about the UnitedHealthcare conflict of interest policy or with questions
How to take certifications
- You can start your UnitedHealthcare certification on June 26, 2017
- Certification modules are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week on the UnitedHealthcare Distribution Portal
- You will have six attempts to complete an assessment with a passing score. Each time you launch the assessment an attempt is counted, whether you complete the assessment or not. Important: Be sure to schedule uninterrupted time in order to complete the entire assessment without losing an attempt
- Upon answering a question, immediate feedback lets you know if you answered the question correctly or incorrectly
UnitedHealthcare will once again accept America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) certification and AHIP re-certification in place of the UnitedHealthcare 2017 Medicare Basics module. Important note: AHIP’s Medicare training for 2018 launches June 19. The 2017 Medicare and Fraud, Waste and Abuse training will close on Friday, June 16, 2017, at 12:01 a.m. CT and will no longer be available. If you are currently enrolled, you must complete the certification before June 16 at 12:01 a.m. CT. Learn more about 2018 AHIP Certification.
For more information, refer to the 2018 Certification User Guide, which will be available on June 26 on the UnitedHealthcare Distribution Portal.
If you have any questions, please contact your local area manager or the Producer Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have compliance questions, please email email@example.com and be sure to include your full name, contact information and writing number.